This site is for people with DVT, seeking comfort and information from others who understand from personal experience.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Anyone Else here scared??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
marica101010

PostSubject: Anyone Else here scared??   Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:10 pm

I know that is has been 3 months since my DVT, and I have been therapeutic on coumadin like a good girl..but when I get up and move around, I feel so tired and feel like I am not getting a good breath. But I am afraid to take a deep breath...what if there is a clot there that is making me short of breath, I dont want to suck it in...does that sound nuts....I have been so depressed, and obsessed with death since this happened to me. I am afraid that I am having heart attacks, and such..I have been to the hospital once with a panic attack..this is not me I am usually very level headed. I just dont know what to do. Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Else here scared??   Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:43 pm

Hiya Marica,

I'm another newbie too, but read your message with interest - cos in a funny sort of way our cases are similar ... (slightly reversed if you get my drift ... )

I collapsed with shortness of breath, scared to breathe, making my ribs ache feeling as if there wasn't enough air coming in ... and I was diagnosed with PE ... a CT scan later showed up that I had clusters in both lungs, so my breathing was justifiably spasmodic and ineffective. I have been told that mine started as a DVT following a broken ankle - I didn't recognise mine as I associated the leg pain with the broken bone not a blot clot forming - and the leg was hidden away behind a plaster cast!
You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by returning to your doctor asap ... the warfarin/coumadin will be helping with anti-coagulation anyway, but you'll only get peace of mind about breathing difficulties by checking it out.

All the very best, take care .. and tiredness is perfectly understandable - your body has been stressed, shocked and it is getting used to drugs swilling around ... it is to be expected and nature's way of telling you to be kinder to yourself. flower
xxx
Back to top Go down
dero
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Else here scared??   Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:30 pm

Hi Marica,

Welcome to "Life Aftere DVT", I think I can safely say that we all were scared at one point or another during this rollercoaster of a ride. One day you are fine, then the next, you are told that you have this condition that by itself is bad enough, but it can also escalade to something else that can be as dangerous, reason enough to be uterly scared.
BUT since you have been on anticoagulants for three months and that you have not had any PE, I THINK that it's safe to say(with a none medical license but with experience) that you won't get a PE. My logic behind this statement is (anybody can prove me wrong)that if you were to have a nother clot or PE while being on anticoags (warfarin/coumadin) you would have done it earlier.
As for being tired, yes Linda you are entierly correct in stating that your body has been throught HELL and no wonder Marica you are tired.
Another thing to take in consideration is that one of the many side FXs of warfarine/coumadin is being tired all the time, many people do get affected as such and others don't .
The thing about DVT and PE, is that it is totally different from one person to another, so are the reaction to the medications.
Marica, if you still think that a PE is possible, go to the ER and ask for a Doppler AKA ultrasound or a CT Scan, you know the ropes, don't take no as an answer.

Let us know what happens.
TAKE CARE

dero

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
NB *******************************************************
As stated in this posting, I am not a doctor nor do I have any medical training, I'm simply another DVT out patient,
always seek medical assistance before taking any decisions.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
http://www.lifeafterdvt.forumotion.com
brendablackburn

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Else here scared??   Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:35 pm

Hi Marica,

You bet!! I too have been scared. (I'm a newbie here--I started having the leg pain around June 9th, and was diagnosed on June 20th.) Anything potentially life threatening has GOT to take its toll on anyone. For me, my husband was away during the first week of diagnosis and treatment, and I was definitely feeling scared and alone. It didn't help to continually hear how lucky I was--no matter how much I appreciated hearing it and my gratitude for it--it still was a reminder that perhaps I unknowingly cheated death. It's scary to realize how close you can come without even having known or realized it. But, as cheesy as it sounds, of course we all die eventually... it's just I suppose those of us with DVT and PE recognize how shockingly instantaneous it can be. And for many it's a "silent" killer, as not everyone has symptoms, as luckily I did.

Even me... being a motivational, positive, inspirational facilitator/speaker/author, had all that fly out the window for a few days. It's so important to not deny what we're going through, but to recognize it, accept it, and feel it--let it come out. Then, when we're ready let it go and move on, and live life... enjoying it to the fullest. Smile I must admit I had myself a little pity party for a couple of days for sure! Then I channelled all my energy into telling the world (I would never have put leg pain and blood clots together, and certainly had never heard of DVT before) and raising awareness.

For me, it helped to review what other goals I want to achieve in this life, and am I being the best person I can be? I watched the movie The Bucket List with Jack Nicolson and Morgan Freeman, which is light hearted and warm hearted, and puts things into perspective... they KNOW they are going to die soon.. 100%! Anyhoo, so I started my own Bucket List!

I consider myself a spiritual person, and it helped to continue reading all the things that inspire me. I also keep a gratitude journal... have done so for quite awhile, but this motivated me to do it EVERY day. Thanks for anything, no matter how small.

Just a few things that have helped me. And of course this forum... "dero" has done an awesome job founding this... I so glad that this, and you, are here!! You all help... the support here is wonderful!

As far as the pains go... you're not a hypochondriac... it's definitely better to be safe.... we have been put into a position now to monitor ourselves carefully. Just try not to get too obsessed, because the stress will definitely make things worse. (It did for me!) Plus, as a certified Life Coach, I can safely say that! (wink) Get obsessed with life!!! And whenever you need to talk, we'll all be here for you. Smile

Hugs,
Brenda
Back to top Go down
http://www.meetup.com/DVT-Support-Group-of-the-Lower-Mainland/
marica101010

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Else here scared??   Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:13 am

I was feeling very very tired today when I logged on....After dhubby came home and we had dinner. He told me to go lay down in my recliner, so I did...I slept for 3 hour....I must have really been bushed. So I am going to go ahead and hit the hay and maybe tomorrow I will feel better.

Thanks for the words,,,it helps to know that I am not alone...you you all know how I feel. I hope to share many more thoughts and feelings with you all.

well night, Blessings..MOE Sleep
Back to top Go down
brendablackburn

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Else here scared??   Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:48 am

No worries.... we ALL have those days! Smile I think it all seems like a bit of an emotional roller coaster for most of us.
Glad you got some rest!
Blessings back at cha Smile
B
Back to top Go down
http://www.meetup.com/DVT-Support-Group-of-the-Lower-Mainland/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Else here scared??   

Back to top Go down

Anyone Else here scared??
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Life DOES go on after DVT :: Why does this forum exist??? :: The Lounge...-
Jump to: