This site is for people with DVT, seeking comfort and information from others who understand from personal experience.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Request for DVT/PE Stories for CDC and VDF public informat

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dero
Admin

PostSubject: Request for DVT/PE Stories for CDC and VDF public informat   Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:31 am

I personally did phone VDF (Venous Disease Foundation) to verify this gentleman's credentials and he is credible.
If you are interested in giving a hand please get in touch with Allen in the next weeks.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My name is Allen McLain and I’m a video producer. I am helping the Center for Disease Control and the Venous Disease Foundation produce videos about DVT and PE, and hopefully save lives.

As you are probably aware, deep vein thrombosis is a silent killer: the symptoms seem minor, but the risk is instant death. It kills more women per year than AIDS, traffic accidents, and breast cancer combined, yet tragically less than 1 in 10 people know the risk factors and symptoms of the disease.

That needs to change. Our videos will be distributed around the U.S. to television stations, health care organizations, hospitals, television shows such as Ellen and Oprah, and websites to deliver important messages about risk factors and symptoms.

We are looking for individuals, families, and friends of women who have experienced deep vein thrombosis or pulmonary embolisms to share their stories with us.

We will be selecting individuals over the next few weeks to do on-camera interviews in late July and early August. Please consider participating: through your stories of information and inspiration we can save lives.

For more information about the project, or to share your story, please contact me:

Allen McLain
Video Producer
Skytheory, llc

allen@skytheory.com

For information about deep vein thrombosis (DVT) or pulmonary embolisms, please visit the Venous Disease Foundation website at www.vdf.org.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lifeafterdvt.forumotion.com

Request for DVT/PE Stories for CDC and VDF public informat
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Life DOES go on after DVT :: Why does this forum exist??? :: News in the world.-
Jump to: