This site is for people with DVT, seeking comfort and information from others who understand from personal experience.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Getting INR checked while visiting the US ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BritishDad

PostSubject: Getting INR checked while visiting the US ?   Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:42 pm

I'm a UK citizen and I'm going to be in the US for a couple of weeks soon on business.
My INR has been a little unstable recently and I've been advised by the anti-coag
clinic to get my INR checked while I'm in the US in case I need to adjust my warfarin
dose. I know from past experience that without insurance as a "walk-in" patient i'll
probably have to pay a lot for an INR test, probably $250 or more. I'm wondering if
there is a cheaper/better way of going about this ?
Back to top Go down
dero
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Getting INR checked while visiting the US ?   Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:21 pm

Ummmm, it would probably be cheaper had you been visiting Canada...
I will ask around.

Back to top Go down
http://www.lifeafterdvt.forumotion.com
DVT

PostSubject: Re: Getting INR checked while visiting the US ?   Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:41 pm

not sure what state you will be in while in the u.s., but some walgreens charge 40 dollars for walk-ins - might want to call to check once you arrive at your destination.
Back to top Go down
BritishDad

PostSubject: Re: Getting INR checked while visiting the US ?   Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:24 pm

Thanks for that - I've been told on another forum that I'll need a doctor's referral first, and that this is the expensive part, but I'll try calling Walgreen's and see what they say.

Thanks again,

Paul
Back to top Go down
DVT

PostSubject: Re: Getting INR checked while visiting the US ?   Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:18 pm

ok you're welcome, hope it helps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting INR checked while visiting the US ?   

Back to top Go down

Getting INR checked while visiting the US ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Life DOES go on after DVT :: Post DVT :: Life after DVT...-
Jump to: