Life DOES go on after DVT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This site is for people with DVT, seeking comfort and information from others who understand from personal experience.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

how to get the strength back after DVT?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
elina82

how to get the strength back after DVT? Empty
PostSubject: how to get the strength back after DVT?   how to get the strength back after DVT? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 9:40 am

I`m new here and think this is a good site, to talk with other who understands. When I was pregnant I got a DVT in left leg and abdonium, up in vena cava below the heart. Possible even clots in the lungs, but they couldnt X-ray with the baby inside. Now 10 month later I´m struggling to be like I use to. I ride a lot, bikes, horses and love to excersise. (Excuse the spelling) Now the leg becomes hard, weak, blue and like numb after 20 min. exercise. I use pressuresock. Is there someone who wants to talk to me about how to come back again. It´s so annoying when I want so much but the leg stops me... Have a good day!
Back to top Go down
dero
Admin
dero

how to get the strength back after DVT? Empty
PostSubject: Re: how to get the strength back after DVT?   how to get the strength back after DVT? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 8:00 pm

Baby steps, slow progression...
We all want to get back where we were before the clot, I understand that very well, I was pushing myself at first, but realised that I was doing more harm then good.
I am three and a half years post DVT with PST (Post Thrombotic Syndrome) and I'm still not where I was, pre DVT.
The way to look at it is to realise that you can walk and talk about the pain and are alive, unlike many who do not even make it this far.

Life Does Go ON After DVT, for some of us...

Back to top Go down
http://www.lifeafterdvt.forumotion.com

how to get the strength back after DVT?
Page 1 of 1