Life DOES go on after DVT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This site is for people with DVT, seeking comfort and information from others who understand from personal experience.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thrombosis Care in Vancouver

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
theoriginalrachel

Thrombosis Care in Vancouver Empty
PostSubject: Thrombosis Care in Vancouver   Thrombosis Care in Vancouver Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 2:07 am

I am moving back to Vancouver now that I'm done school in Winnipeg for the year and I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good doctor to follow up with regarding my DVT and PE. Do you know if any of the thrombosis clinics see patients over the long term or are they just for the first week or so? I will be headed home next week and will still need to get my blood tested every 2-3 days at that point.
Thanks in advance for any info you might have!
Back to top Go down
dero
Admin
dero

Thrombosis Care in Vancouver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thrombosis Care in Vancouver   Thrombosis Care in Vancouver Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 2:23 pm

Hi Rachel,

Glad you were able to finish your year cheers I'm sure that the break is more then welcomed this year, with the DVT and PE..

Had I known you are in Vancouver I would had given you this info before.

Here is a link to a Meetup group which is a DVT support group in the Lower Mainland they meet once a month, it may help you, the founder of the group is a member here and a dear friend, "Brenda" brendablackburn

Dr. Agnes Lee, who is the Director of the Thrombosis Clinic, at the Vancouver General Hospital, might be a good person to start out with...
But get in touch with Brenda and say that you are a member at LADVT.

Denis
Back to top Go down
http://www.lifeafterdvt.forumotion.com

Thrombosis Care in Vancouver
Page 1 of 1