Life DOES go on after DVT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This site is for people with DVT, seeking comfort and information from others who understand from personal experience.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

blood thinner

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
momatiffany

momatiffany

blood thinner Empty
PostSubject: blood thinner   blood thinner Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 4:55 pm

does everyone who has had a dvt have to take blood thinner for the rest of there life? When i was released me from the hospital they said three months, then it was six months, and now it has been changed for the rest of my life.
Back to top Go down
dero
Admin
dero

blood thinner Empty
PostSubject: Re: blood thinner   blood thinner Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 11:12 pm

Hi Tiffany,

I'm now a lifer on anticoag, after 2 clots in four years. It's a hard guessing game they have to play, who gets a three month and who get's it for 6 months and who get's it for life?
Why did you clot, have they found out or are you an idiopathic cloter like me?
idiopathic= they don't know why you clot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lifeafterdvt.forumotion.com
momatiffany

momatiffany

blood thinner Empty
PostSubject: Re: blood thinner   blood thinner Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 1:55 pm

they sed my blood over perduces something i it that u need to form a scab they call it a blood mutation
Back to top Go down
DVT

DVT

blood thinner Empty
PostSubject: Re: blood thinner   blood thinner Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 2:01 am

Hi,

I concurr with Dero. Onnceyou devellop a subsequennt DVT after initiial one, youu're a "lifer" on Couumadin or Warfaarin. Perssonaaaly, I have to be on Coummadin because on Warfarrin my INR is all over the boaard.
Back to top Go down
T-Bone

blood thinner Empty
PostSubject: Re: blood thinner   blood thinner Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 11:22 am

DVT wrote:
Hi,

I concurr with Dero. Onnceyou devellop a subsequennt DVT after initiial one, youu're a "lifer" on Couumadin or Warfaarin. Perssonaaaly, I have to be on Coummadin because on Warfarrin my INR is all over the boaard.

As a lifer I totally understand the frustration of trying to keep the INR in range, but I am somewhat confused with your post. I believe Coumadin and Warfarin are the same drug only Coumadin is a registered name and Warfarin is the generic name for Warfarin Sodium (aka Coumadin).
Back to top Go down
dero
Admin
dero

blood thinner Empty
PostSubject: Re: blood thinner   blood thinner Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 1:19 pm

Yes the same drug, BUT Coumadin has a different dye and binding agent (what holds the pill together) and THAT is what some people react differently to. In some cases, INRs react to these and that is why some people have no problem with one or the other.
Back to top Go down
DVT

DVT

blood thinner Empty
PostSubject: Re: blood thinner   blood thinner Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 2:45 am

Yes, Dero is rrighjtt. Even on Ccoumadinn, my INR rarely is in good rrsnge. Currrenntly, it's far too high.
Back to top Go down
T-Bone

blood thinner Empty
PostSubject: Re: blood thinner   blood thinner Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 10:45 pm

dero wrote:
Yes the same drug, BUT Coumadin has a different dye and binding agent (what holds the pill together) and THAT is what some people react differently to. In some cases, INRs react to these and that is why some people have no problem with one or the other.

OK, that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
momatiffany

momatiffany

blood thinner Empty
PostSubject: Re: blood thinner   blood thinner Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 11:21 pm

so how much more money is the coumadin then the warparrin
Back to top Go down
dero
Admin
dero

blood thinner Empty
PostSubject: Re: blood thinner   blood thinner Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 1:44 pm

Eh Tiffany,

Just curious, are you having problems with warfarin? If you don't have problems with it, no reasons for changing...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

blood thinner Empty
PostSubject: Re: blood thinner   blood thinner Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

blood thinner
Page 1 of 1