Life DOES go on after DVT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This site is for people with DVT, seeking comfort and information from others who understand from personal experience.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Protein C- deficiancy

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Antjie

Antjie

Protein C- deficiancy Empty
PostSubject: Protein C- deficiancy   Protein C- deficiancy Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 4:38 pm

Hi there

My name is Antjie from South Africa. I used to be a member of the forum 2008 (Annemarie) while on warfarin after DVT and lungembolism which we thought was a complication from a severe liver laceration caused by a horseaccident and bed rest..I was taken off Warfarin in 2009...and then thought I am so lucky - not being sentenced lifelong with Warfarin...

And now....Deciding to start a family but with a history of pre-eclampsia my gynecoligist learning about my history of clots, asked if I was sent for blood screening tests before...they never did when I was in hospital in 2008.

The tests for Protein-C showed abnormal.. and indicated a critically Low. The normal should be 70 - 140% and mine showing 58%.

I was referred to a haematologist that I will see on Monday.

Can anyone give me some information about the causes and treatment normally prescribed? Realy hope I don't have to go back on Warfarin... I have started myself on aspirin as I feel at risk after the blood tests and my appointment only Monday.

Back to top Go down
Bundii

Protein C- deficiancy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protein C- deficiancy   Protein C- deficiancy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 7:37 am

Did you get any answers to this? I have a def in C and S.?
Back to top Go down

Protein C- deficiancy
Page 1 of 1