Life DOES go on after DVT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This site is for people with DVT, seeking comfort and information from others who understand from personal experience.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Petechiae

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
brendablackburn

brendablackburn

Petechiae Empty
PostSubject: Petechiae   Petechiae Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 2:50 am

Hi all,

Does anyone else experience small red/purple pinhead size spots? I believe it's called Petechiae, and think it's caused by Warfarin. I started getting a few about a month ago (3+ months post-DVT), and they left in about 4 days or so. Now I have a cluster again this time near a bruise which makes sense. Read some info online that it's important to get it checked though.

Just curious if you have this too...

Brenda
Back to top Go down
http://www.meetup.com/DVT-Support-Group-of-the-Lower-Mainland/
dero
Admin
dero

Petechiae Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petechiae   Petechiae Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 2:34 pm

Hmmm, can't say I have Brenda...
But good to know, thank you.

Do you mean this???
Back to top Go down
http://www.lifeafterdvt.forumotion.com
Cegee

Petechiae Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petechiae   Petechiae Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 3:57 pm

Hi Brenda,
Just so you know you are not alone with that. Yes, I get it too. I seem to have a myriad of skin related Coumadin side affects. Dry and blotchy DVT leg with what you describe plus eczema and skin discoloration at the foot and ankle being the darkest but the entire DVT leg is a darker color pink to red in tone. I am usually very fair skinned. I also have to control a new thing that is happening with my face. I know have rosacea which is related to capillary dialation in the face. Well maybe it is more related to what caused the DVT. I don't really know but it almost looks like the butterfly Lupus rash but apparently isn't I take doxycycline 50 mg a day and use a prescription gell called Finacea to help it. Let u know if you find out any more about petechiae. Thanks and hope you are doing well.

CeGee aka Carolyn Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Petechiae Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petechiae   Petechiae Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Petechiae
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Life DOES go on after DVT :: Post DVT :: Life after DVT...-
Jump to: