Life DOES go on after DVT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This site is for people with DVT, seeking comfort and information from others who understand from personal experience.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New to the forum

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gigglygirl15

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: New to the forum   New to the forum Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 7:31 pm

Hey all my name is Jassmin and I have had a dvt since november 24th of 08.It's not going away Crying or Very sad oh well it will eventually right.lol.anyways I am 14 and diagnosed with may thurner syndrome when I was 7.so yeah been dealing with this for 7 years almost 8 I'm turning 15 in august yay! So I have a vascular surgeon I have been going to for four years I see him every 3 months.He does a venogram and mrv and all that good stuff.well one time he found a clot there and so I stayed in the hospital for four days I was started on lovenox and coumadin I have been on coumadin for 7 months.My vascular surgeon has done two angioplastys(ballons).He will not do the stent until I am done growing which I must tell you I am a tall girl I'm 5'9.well the problem now is that my may thurner's syndrome is getting progressively worse and he will have to put the stent in now. I will go back to him in august boyy does that suck right around my birthday lol it is cool though.He says that if he does not put the stent in now It will become much worse and I will have to have clot busting drugs.so he has also said that there is a chance that I will have a pe(pulminary embolism) during surgery and I could die so he will consider putting in a vena cava filter.Please do not let thrombophilia or any other dvt problems hold you back live your life like there is no tomorrow. so yeah just thought I would share my story with all of you lovely people. Jassmin <3

Last edited by gigglygirl15 on Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dero
Admin
dero

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 9:10 pm

Jassmin, welcome to LADVT, as I read through your story, you know as much about DVT/PE as many of us here know and have lived a fraction of what some of us have.

PS, I moved your story to it's own page, in my books you are #1.
You are what LADVT is all about, SURVIVAL.
Thank YOU.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lifeafterdvt.forumotion.com
gigglygirl15

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 7:50 am

awe, well Thank You. Smile
Back to top Go down
brendablackburn

brendablackburn

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 8:08 pm

Hi Jassmin,

I haven't been on the forum for awhile, but am back and catching up. (I'm "DVT Diary" in the Lounge).

Thanks so much for sharing your story! You are amazing and have lots to share and a great perspective on life!

By the way, I have a site called DVT Support Group of the Lower Mainland (in BC)... are you the same Jassmin that just signed up? If so, are you really in Burnaby?? And I hope you got my emails okay. ? That would be sooooo awesome if you can make our first official "meetup" group in July. I would love to meet you!!! (And if you're a different Jassmin sorry for the babble!) Smile

Look forward to chatting with you and keep us posted on how everything is going!
Talk to you soon,
Brenda
flower
Back to top Go down
http://www.meetup.com/DVT-Support-Group-of-the-Lower-Mainland/
gigglygirl15

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Jassmin   New to the forum Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 8:24 pm

Yes, it is the same Jassmin lol! I did not realize that I had to be in Burnaby? Sorry . confused I was a bit confused lol. Yes, I do try and keep a posotive out look on things and Have fun with life seeing as we all have only one life to live!

Thanks for replying!
Back to top Go down
brendablackburn

brendablackburn

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 8:58 pm

Hi Jassmin!

Great to know it's you!!

Nooooo... you don't have to live in Burnaby to be in that DVT Support Group!!! So please do stay!!!!!! Smile It's just when I went into your profile, it had Burnaby as the location. So where do you live???
Back to top Go down
gigglygirl15

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 9:08 pm

I live in the united States. I live in Ohio the Buckeye State GO BUCKS!
Back to top Go down
brendablackburn

brendablackburn

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 9:16 pm

Oh! Okay! You DO live a little ways away from me! Smile

Well, we'll post notes from our meeting on the site. Also, on the site, in the "About" section, there are a pile of resources, including some social media pages... like facebook, etc. that you might be interested in too. Here's the link: http://www.meetup.com/DVT-Support-Group-of-the-Lower-Mainland/pages/RESOURCES_TO_RECOMMEND/ and scroll waaaay down to social media. If you find any good links to recommend let me know!

Also, if you get a chance, you might want to load your pic on your profile page of our site. I know there's another girl, about 14 too, in our area, but is shy to sign up because there's no one in there her age!

Take care and chat with ya later! Smile
Back to top Go down
gigglygirl15

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 9:19 pm

Okay,

Thanks again for replying! Take care.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to the forum
Page 1 of 1