Life DOES go on after DVT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This site is for people with DVT, seeking comfort and information from others who understand from personal experience.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Intense itching from compression stockings?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
footloose

Intense itching from compression stockings?   Empty
PostSubject: Intense itching from compression stockings?    Intense itching from compression stockings?   Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 2:41 am

Experiencing intense itching soon after start of wearing compression stocking daily.
Is this coincidence? Thoughts - suggestions welcome.
Back to top Go down
dero
Admin
dero

PostSubject: Re: Intense itching from compression stockings?    Intense itching from compression stockings?   Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 2:06 pm

You may have an allergic reaction to some of the materials that are in THAT specific stocking, is all I can think of. Are you allergic to anything that is in the making of that stocking?
Back to top Go down
http://www.lifeafterdvt.forumotion.com
footloose

PostSubject: Re: Intense itching from compression stockings?    Intense itching from compression stockings?   Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 1:08 pm

Hey Dero,
No. Thankfully, I have no allergies to medicines nor foods. Very sensitive to bee stings (who isn't?) poison ivy etc

My itching might simply be wearing wrong size compression stocking.
I'm a bit disappointed my GP never talked about them nor has he 'prescribed' them.
I learned about stockings through this forum

I have found that hand washing the stocking is prudent. One can see the dead skin cells coloring the water.

Lastly, I'm surprised other DVT sufferers have not spoken 'bout itching. I think it best to talk with my GP about this especially in light of some yellowing in ankle. Ken

OTC anti-itch lotions are short-lived. I've found witch hazel has lasting affect.

Back to top Go down
dero
Admin
dero

PostSubject: Re: Intense itching from compression stockings?    Intense itching from compression stockings?   Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 1:23 pm

scratch From wearing the wrong size???
One thing I would do, is ask your GP to prescribe them for you, at the same time you can get a proper fitting done. They measure your foot, ankle, calf and thigh so that it's proper to you.It is a bit more expensive, but well worth it I find.

As for the silence on the board, I don't know, people rather read then talk I guess. It does fluctuate in time, it does depend of the members.
I'm a lifer on socks and never had any issues.
For me, the sock prevents my legs from swelling and hence, hurting, so I'm a believer.

Many Dr. don't believe in them, just recently a study came out stating that comp. socks did help relieve the swelling and the pain but does not cure PTS (Post Thrombotic Syndrome), so in the eyes of SOME Dr., why bother?
Back to top Go down
http://www.lifeafterdvt.forumotion.com
Margaret Zebarth

PostSubject: Re: Intense itching from compression stockings?    Intense itching from compression stockings?   Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 10:00 pm

I found that they became painful after just a few hours. I wore them for the first few months, and thought they restricted the circulation in my leg. Also under the aircast they quickly became soaked with sweat.. but they certainly stopped the swelling from the fracture... which is another use for these stockings. I live in the country, with gravel roads etc. so a stocking that runs is a bit discouraging.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intense itching from compression stockings?    Intense itching from compression stockings?   Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Intense itching from compression stockings?
Page 1 of 1