Life DOES go on after DVT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This site is for people with DVT, seeking comfort and information from others who understand from personal experience.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Avid Mtn Biker who had PE in lungs multiple clots

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Colorado_Stevo

Avid Mtn Biker who had PE in lungs multiple clots Empty
PostSubject: Avid Mtn Biker who had PE in lungs multiple clots   Avid Mtn Biker who had PE in lungs multiple clots Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 6:26 pm

Blood clots

I'm really glad I found this website. I just joined and wanted to share my story. I didn't have a DVT but I did suffer a major "lung attack" from a pulmonary embolism in my lungs. I ended up with 10 large bold clots in my lungs and dang near lost my life. The Hemotologist was totally bewildered by the whole thing and basically couldn't explain how I didn't die. After genetic testing it turns out I have 4 genetic abnormalities: protein C & S deficiencies, elevated homocysteine level + MTHFR. Long story short, my blood persistently wants to clot. Therefore I'm on Coumadin and Folic acid for the rest of my life (I'm 42). Well, it's been 3 months since the event, and I feel pretty good other than getting winded much faster than I used to and I have to deal with a little bit of weezing if I get really winded. I live in Colorado and love to bike, hike, snowboard, etc. After talking to my Hemotologist I was thinking I wouldn't be allowed to ride ever again, but now I'm thinking I need to get another doctors opinion and see what they say. I think road riding is out because it's so easy to get hit by a careless or distracted driver, but I would love to get back on the trail again and continue to Mtn bike. It has been very helpful reading the other athletes stories on this site. It has really help lift my spirits.
Stevo from Colorado
Back to top Go down

Avid Mtn Biker who had PE in lungs multiple clots
Page 1 of 1