Life DOES go on after DVT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This site is for people with DVT, seeking comfort and information from others who understand from personal experience.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Story....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nklewis

My Story.... Empty
PostSubject: My Story....   My Story.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 10:52 am

I was first diagnosed with a DVT 2 weeks after the birth of my first son (In feb of 2009). The DVT stretched from my groin to the back of my knee. I was on coumadin for a about 13 months then got off did all the factor V testing and everything came back good. This July I was having some trouble and went to see my dr, another ultrasound showed a new clot behind my knee. Very discouraged!! I wore the compression stockings DAILY!!!! I am now struggling! I am a manager at a retail store and am on my feet for 12-14 hours a day and finding it very difficult to make it through the day. DVTs are one of the most frustrating things I have ever encountered. I want someone to just "fix it" so I do not have to deal with this anymore, and unfortunatly that can't be done. As for now I am taking coumadin for life and worried about the side effects I will have later in life, but I guess the alternative isn't much better either.
Back to top Go down
dero
Admin
dero

My Story.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Story....   My Story.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 8:40 pm

Believe me, the alternative is NOT better, clotting AGAIN is not fun, but you know that, I'm there also, at my second clot since 2007. Have you been diagnosed with PTS?
While at work, do you get a chance to (I call it "drain" your leg) elevate it...
At work (I work in a theatre, so 12 14 hours days are also common)I can't sit for a long time nor can I stand for a long time, because of my PTS, my leg swells and hurts, by the end of the day, I can barely walk without a major limp...
When I feel that my leg is tight is when I look at my boss to let him know that it's time for me to "drain" the leg...
I have a note from my hematologist that says "I can't stand nor sit for prolong time..."
Maybe, this is what you can do, like a friend of mine who is a Dr. once told me, "PTS does not kill but it alters your life, work and social life."

I know what you mean, when you say "I want someone to just fix it..."
pale
Back to top Go down
http://www.lifeafterdvt.forumotion.com

My Story....
Page 1 of 1