Life DOES go on after DVT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This site is for people with DVT, seeking comfort and information from others who understand from personal experience.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Here is my DVT story

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ingridfk

Here is my DVT story Empty
PostSubject: Here is my DVT story   Here is my DVT story Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 3:32 am

Hello Everyone!

My name is Ingrid and I've had a 20cm DVT in my left calf for almost 12 weeks and produced two more clots three weeks ago despite being on coumadin (8mg).

All this stemmed from a fall roughly 15 weeks ago when the heel of my shoe got caught in a crack on the pavement and I sustained a couple of avulsion fractures and ligament tears to my left ankle!!!

My left leg is still visibly bigger than my right and is too swollen (foot included) to wear pressure stockings. Most of the time it feels as hard as a rock and is either way too cold or hot (and feels almost sunburnt?).

I'm still getting around on crutches as I can only weight-bear about 50% on my left leg and I've lost quite a bit of muscle tone from my left thigh....if only I could take my leg off and put it back on upside down it might feel a little bit more useful than it does right now!!!!!! I am really happy to have found this forum, it is good to have others who can relate.
Back to top Go down
dero
Admin
dero

Here is my DVT story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here is my DVT story   Here is my DVT story Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 7:31 pm

Hi Ingrid,

Welcome to LADVT, as much as I hate saying it(if only there was a better way of meeting people...) As you can see, everything varies from person to person, the recovery time, the prescription, the amount or coumadin needed to stay therapeutic. Hoping that we have the literature that can help YOU.
If you have ANY questions, please ask... Remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question when it comes to YOUR recovery.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lifeafterdvt.forumotion.com

Here is my DVT story
Page 1 of 1